Procurement SpecialistUs District Court-Western Dist
Information Technology Support Specialist
U.S. District Court, Fort Smith, AR
Annual salary $48,951-$95,388
The Western District of Arkansas is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Procurement Specialist. The Procurement Specialist works in a shared services environment and performs procurement activities for the U.S. District Court and the U.S. Probation Office. Procurement Specialists perform and coordinate administrative, technical, and professional work related to ensuring the court units are supplied with the materials, equipment, and services required to function optimally, including ensuring compliance with the appropriate guidelines, policies, and approved internal controls.
Representative Duties (not all inclusive)
• Procure supplies, equipment, services, and furnishings from government and non-government sources through new contracts, competitive bids, or existing government contracts. Plan and coordinate time and delivery of purchases.
• Assess requests for goods and services by ensuring they are allowable under limitations, restrictions, and policies. Prepare spreadsheets and maintain databases to track certain expenditures.
• Prepare purchase orders from approved requests ensuring proposed purchase will satisfy the requestor’s need.
• Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production, and distribution capabilities as well as the reputation and history.
• Prepare specifications, solicitations, and requests for qualifications/proposals; research products and equipment; prepare product/equipment specifications.
• Obtain and review competitive bids, quotes, and proposals from vendors and contractors and discuss evaluations and review with requestors.
• Negotiate with vendors for the best price over contracted services and purchases. Coordinate with selected vendors on supply and delivery of purchased items. Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contracted obligations. Assist with clarifying contract requirements and resolving any conflicts.
• Evaluate, verify, and process invoices and review orders and payments for financial accuracy and adherence to appropriate guidelines, policies, and internal controls.
• Identify and maintain lists of vendors and sources of supply for goods and services. File, scan, and maintain procurement documents in accordance with the Guide to Judiciary Policy as well as local policy.
• Provide guidance on procurement procedures in accordance with the Guide to Judiciary Policy and local procedures.
• Adhere to the Guide to Judiciary Policy on procurement and the court unit’s internal control procedures.
• Coordinate work efforts with the financial unit and assist as backup in various financial areas, as required, while maintaining appropriate separation of duties.
• Serve as court liaison with GSA, Space and Facilities Division of the Administrative Office, the Eighth Circuit, various court agencies, vendors, and contractors on assigned projects.
• Monitor, assess, document, and prioritize progress on all space and facility projects. Attend project meetings.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
• High school graduate or equivalent. A bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as accounting, finance, business, etc. is preferred.
• Two years of specialized experience in the financial or business field that provided a knowledge of the rules, regulations, practices, and principles of financial administration and/or accounting, and involved the routine use of automated financial and accounting systems or other computer-based systems and applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, or databases. Additional experience managing space and facility projects is preferred.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent organizational skills, including ability to manage multiple high impact projects and priorities within strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-starter with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, professional demeanor, and ability to exercise sound judgment.
• Be innovative and creative and contribute to a positive work environment.
• Experience working in a team environment and possess a strong work ethic.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Adobe Acrobat.