PRN Radiology Tech
ARRT registered preferred but not required
Job Knowledge: Must have a basic knowledge of math, be able to type satisfactory, and the ability to communicate well with others.
All technologists will be cross trained in other areas other than their specialty. Their duties shall encompass a wide range other than diagnostic radiology. The technologist should be familiar with every aspect of the radiology department from scheduling thru to the completing of the exam. They will also have the ability to relate to other employees and train student or new technologist.
Duties include: but not limited to:
- Ability to perform all exams or guidance for the completion of all exams.
- Maintenance of equipment or understanding of its operation to facilitate its operation.
- Exam room maintenance, cleaning, stocking of supplies, etc.
- Organizing films and patient folders for the Radiologist to interpret the exams.
- Receiving of reports and filing such reports in appropriate areas for medical records and doctors.
- Guidance for patients with exam preparations prior to their exam and scheduling of the exam.
- After hours coverage of the radiology department for emergency exams.
- Assist patients who are unable to assist themselves.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patients and their records.
- Dress professionally and be courteous to patients, their families and to all employees.
- Assist train student or new technologist within their department.
- Maintain daily departmental paperwork.
- And all other duties as assigned.
Radiology Tech will require physical ability to lift, stoop and bend. Tech will be responsible for patient care while the patient is in the Radiology Department. The Tech will act in a professional manner at all times while at Memorial Hospital.
Definition and Role:
The Lab technician is responsible for performing, analyzing and reporting all tests under the supervision of the Lab Director.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collecting and processing all specimens ordered by licensed physicians
- Adhering to infection control standards of Memorial Hospital
- Adhering to safety standards of Memorial Hospital
- Performing analysis of all specimens according to test protocols
- Maintaining accurate clinical records
- Maintaining all equipment and supplies according to Memorial Hospital policies
- Attending all inservices and meetings as directed
- Lab Technician role is understood and is integral part of the job performance
- Adhering to Guest Relations policy of Memorial Hospital
- Other job duties accepted as assigned
High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferably one year hospital experience
Lifting up to 50 pounds, reaching above shoulder, use of fingers, both hands required, walking, standing, sitting, kneeling, bending, climbing, speaking, hearing (aide permitted) (hear conversational voice 15 feet – one ear), depth perception, ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously, near vision correctable at 13” to 16” to Jaeger 1 to 4, far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other, operation of a motor vehicle and therapy equipment and ability to comprehend normal speech.
Inside, gases, electrical energy, working with hands in water, working closely with others, protracted or irregular hours of work.
Infants, children, adolescents, and adults
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The position walks, sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves continually during working hours. The position is subject to lifting objects weighing over 50 pounds, pushing wheel chairs, and transporting and supporting residents. The employee must be constantly alert for resident safety.
RNs & LPNs
7a and 7p shifts - 3 shifts per week
Benefits offered to FT employees include:
401K with up to 4% match
Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term/Long Term Disability Employer paid life insurance, paid vac/sick leave and employee discounts
Scholarship money also available