The main function of the Purchasing Coordinator is to place orders with our overseas factories, track the progress of all shipments, have accountability to address all concerns within their assigned business unit, and to provide support to team members as necessary. This position collaborates closely with sales, business analysts, product development, sourcing, customer order processing and licensing teams to execute all orders for Outdoor Cap custom overseas programs.
• Prepares and issues purchase orders for products and materials through the ERP system • Create and maintain BOM (Bill of materials) and Cost Sheets in ERP system • Send any customer supplied materials directly to the factory • Correspond with team members to resolve various issues. These tasks could include running open PO reports, past due reports, purchase order data audits, price reports, comment reports, air freight reports, understanding retailer planning and replenishment strategies. • Assists receiving with orders that use only customer information labeling • Assists others with questions that arise on orders from other departments such as boxes, lead time, any changes needed, cancellations, and revisions • Work cooperatively in group situations • Follow up on projects without others involved including giving regular updates. • Maintain strong line of communication with factory and all Outdoor Cap departments. • Ensure ship dates are correct and up to date in the Outdoor Cap ERP, Simparel by pro-actively tracking open orders with weekly reports. • Collaborate as needed with Vendor and Product Compliance and sales team to make sure Outdoor Cap is following all required shipment guidelines. • Maintain a filing system for purchase orders. • Review and approve all details of factory confirmation for these orders including price, surcharges, box dimensions, fabric yield, commodity description, ship date and ship method. • Be aware of deadlines and re-prioritize throughout the day, as needed. • Develops and maintains positive relationships with all levels of internal and external clients. • Quickly resolves any quality issue, overage/short shipments, &/or wrong product directly with vendors. • Continually supports other Supply Chain team members as necessary. • Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Skills and Competencies
• Detail oriented, multi-tasking, critical thinking skills, team player and very adaptable. • Ability to make quick decisions • Organizational skills
• Written and verbal communication skills • Ability to work independently • Flexible and possesses the ability to adapt to a changing environment.
Education and Qualifications
• Education High School Diploma or GED • Experience 1+ years’ experience in Purchasing or Sales/Clerical Role • Computer Skills Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office Computer Software including intermediate Word and Excel skills; knowledge of Microsoft Outlook helpful
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position (seated) 80% of the day and occasionally reach, bend and move inside the office to access files and product. • Required to have close visual acuity to perform computer tasks and operate other office machinery. • The person in this position frequently communicates with other departments and must be able to exchange accurate information in a clear manner. • Able to hear a telephone ring.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.