Manager of Human Resources and HR Coordinator/Recruiter
Manager of Human Resources
Established in 1977 in Bentonville, Arkansas, Outdoor Cap is one of the largest headwear companies in the US having sold hundreds of millions of caps to American companies over more than 40 years. It is an exciting time at Outdoor Cap & JUNK Brands with major strides in technology and new developments in headwear making it a great time to be a part of the growing team.
The Human Resources Manager assists with the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource department of JUNK Brands LLC. They are the main point of contact for the department when the VP of Human Resources is unavailable. Primary duties consist of supervision of recruiting activities, office administration, training & development, HRIS systems, reporting and employee relations. The position also backs up the other roles in the department during absences. Maintains absolute confidentiality and a positive ‘customer service face’ on behalf of the department and management team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Administer formalized job requisition process
- With the help of HR Staff, manages the following processes:
- Ensure accurate job descriptions are obtained and assist in updating and/or writing JD as needed
- Prepares and posts open positions
- With the assistance of the Recruiting Coordinator, manages the following:
- Recruit/advertise for open Positions as needed
- Plan, organize, coordinate and oversee the Interview process
- Replenish Seasonal Positions as turnover occurs
- Recruit and screen seasonal temporary workers for Warehouse Operations including advertisement, job fair, skills assessments and screening of applicants
- Communicate with various candidates through the recruiting process
- May produce (or review) Offer letters
- Along with the Recruiting Coordinator, manages the following:
- Ensures pre-hire processes are completed per policy: Signed Offer Letter & Job Description, Background check and Drug Screen completed.
- Coordination, scheduling and facilitation of Orientation meetings for all new hires (Salary, Hourly, Seasonal and Temp labor) including full explanation of company Pillars and policies/handbook. This may include multiple video clips and handout materials.
- May conduct New Hire Tours
- Assures badge creation and photos added to archives
- Ensures follow through with Supervisors regarding 30/60/90 day on-boarding for all new employees and seasonal temps
Training & Development
- Administers biennial (every other year) Sexual Harassment Training for entire labor force; while assuring all new hires and new Supervisors attend as needed.
- Assists in skills gap assessments to ascertain needed training and development of same.
- Assists in development, distribution and collection of monthly Safety Training materials (mfg./dist.)
- Develops, updates and facilitates Supervisor Training annually with an eye for both skills gap, federal/state law, and company policy review.
- Schedules and coordinates ODC 101 training classes
- May also administer position-based Training Plans
- Administers post-training feedback
- Maintains and/or audits HRIS Systems data which includes but is not limited to keying (or managing the input of) new hires, transfers, personnel changes, and terminations.
- Ensures new hire files are complete and accurately entered into HRIS system and timekeeper.
- Maintains timely and historical Organizational Charts
- Maintains various reports including (but not limited to): Labor Force, Turnover, Recruiting/Promotions, Training)
- Manages filing systems including personnel, medical and 401K information properly and according to policy.
- Work in conjunction with HR leadership to develop, edit and execute necessary manuals including but not limited to Employee Handbook, Seasonal Temp Manual, Position-based Training Plans and Supervisors Training Materials.
Work may include:
- Researching policies and available resources
- Developing outline, and adding content
- Use available MS Office Programs to do layout work on manuals and ready them for print
- Create communication plan
- Create PowerPoint presentations for communication
- Get input from users on areas which may need enhancement for those already in existence (Employee Handbook and Seasonal Temp Manual) and solicit input on what is needed for those not in existence (Position-based Training Plans and Supervisor’s Training Manual)
- Coordinates all elements necessary for events, with a strong plan for making sure all parties are notified and prepared. This includes but is not limited to company events, recruiting events, and training events. This may include food, setup, decoration, communication and generating enthusiasm.
- Prepares Monthly Communications Meeting materials including but not limited to Suggestion Box materials and administration of company Service awards (managing stock, additional embroidery, distribution, etc.)
- Administers or advises employees regarding company benefits as needed (i.e. qualifying events, changes, questions).
- Administers Worker’s Compensation program, completing all required steps.
- Coordinates Exit Interviews and reports findings to Executive team
- May coach, counsel and review employee Assessments or Corrective Actions providing feedback as needed.
- Responds to unemployment claims.
- Coordinates and facilitates Quarterly Drug Testing.
- Resolves employee problems within the context of company policies, balancing advocacy to both the employee and the company.
- Examples might include but are not limited to questions regarding systems usage, benefits, payroll, insurance and training.
- Provides administrative support for on-site time – set up meetings/meeting rooms/follow up with candidate
- Plans, coordinates and manages facilitation of company events including Open Enrollment Meetings, Blood Drives, United Way Campaigns, Flu Shots, etc.
Skills and Specifications
- Strong time management, project management, problem solving and business acumen skills to execute workload efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral and work well within teams and among executives and hourly employees alike.
- Strong work ethic and communication skills with demonstrated flexibility under pressure to meet tight deadlines with minimal errors.
- Ability to establish and maintain business partner relationships with internal and external customers.
- Proven progressive experience with standard HR concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite products (Excel, Word, Power Point)
Education and Qualifications
- Education Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business; and 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience 5+ years of Human Resources experience
- PHR, SPHR (or equivalent certifications) as well as ADP experience a plus
- Travel: Minimal; local, occasionally to other DCs or companies
- The person in this position frequently communicates with various levels of employees and must be able to exchange accurate (and appropriate) information in a clear manner.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position (seated) 70% of the day and regularly walk, reach, bend and move between buildings and offices to access employees.
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform computer tasks, expansive reading and operate other office machinery
- Ability to move 10-20lbs occasionally throughout day
- Able to hear a telephone ring
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.