Online Producer/VideographerNorthwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
- Monitor and update homepages, NWAonline.com and WholeHogSports.com. Prepare web budgets.
- Write stories, shoot video, edit video and photo slideshows, including breaking news events for both sites. This will include attending and covering some sports-related events for WholeHogSports.com.
- Send daily and weekly email updates covering topics including general news, high school sports, business and features.
- Help record podcasts, then edit, upload and post to online.
- Check wire services and ArkansasOnline.com for stories that appeal to NWAonline.com and WholeHogSports.com viewers and post them.
- Post breaking news.
- Post to social network sites (Facebook,Twitter, etc.) for both websites and maintain their social media sites.
- Moderate comments on Social Media accounts for both websites.
- Assist editors and staff with online components.
- Assist readers with problems/questions with website (many of these calls will be referred to circulation or to customer service).
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Experience as a professional journalist or a college degree in print or multimedia journalism. Basic knowledge of AP Style and basic journalism standards and practices required. Proficiency in audio editing, video photography, l-Movie, Photoshop or other similar software is preferred.
Work schedule: Daytime Sunday and Monday. Other workdays determined on a seasonal basis. Some nights and Saturdays will be required. Time working on the two sites will be split evenly.