Production Operator (Manufacturing)
We are growing! Keytronic is a team-based, supportive environment where everyone is able to feel encouraged and supported. We provide opportunities for growth through seminars, certifications, on-the-job training, and career advancement. Our team and employees are proud of our product diversity and team environment. We are an international company where you will do something different every day in our fast-paced work environment, but we are always finding ways to create something new and be innovative.
We encourage you to apply for this position if you enjoy being challenged, working in a dynamic work setting, and being a part of a team that creates products that drive our world, while providing an innovative workplace with deep camaraderie, compelling product diversity, and resources to build your career.
Keytronic provides competitive salaries and benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Vacation, Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, and 401K. We also have a company provided wellness program because we care about the wellbeing of our employees inside and outside of the workplace. We organize volunteer opportunities, company activities, and all-employee meetings to show we value our employees and the community around us!
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Will provide assembly support for the Operations and will support the new introduction (NPI) process. Position requires knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods. This position will be able to assist in packing, assembly, prep, build line, and testing.
Will provide assembly support for the Operations and will support the new introduction (NPI) process. Position requires knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods. This position will be able to assist in packing, assembly, prep, build line, testing, selective, post wave, SMT set-up and Auto Set-up.
Will provide assembly support for the Operations and will support the new introduction (NPI) process. Position requires knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods. This position will be able to assist in packing, assembly, prep, build line, testing, selective, post wave, SMT set-up, Auto Set-up, Auto-Insert, Inspection, Coating, Prototyping, and SMT.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Under general supervision will perform assigned manufacturing function that will support the production process while maintain cost objective and meeting quality standards.
- Prep all components base on production aids and/or other aids.
- Ability to place assembled boards in packing box per work instructions
- Assemble electrical or electronic systems and support structures; and install components, units, subassemblies, wiring, and assembly casings, using rivets, bolts, soldering and micro-welding equipment.
- Adjust, repair, or replace electrical or electronic component parts to correct defects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Installs hardware on boards, taping, masking, and installing components. Ensuring proper quality after the board has been through the applicable process as indicated by the production aids/work instructions.
- Set up each kit for any given build line as indicated by the production aids/work instructions. The position also involves all/some of the following: pulling KanBan parts, re-filling of bins on the build line, requisitioning parts to fill shortages, use of the AS400 computer system, as well as identification of raw components/polarity, etc.
- Responsible to check for proper solder quality as well as complete any repairs.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, and reports in order to determine materials requirements and assembly instructions.
- Will inspect and test products throughout the manufacturing process to ensure quality is maintained throughout the production process.
- Will confer with engineering, managers, production supervisors, and leads to plan and review work activities and resolve any issues with the NPI process. Will seek clarification and direction on any questions with drawings, or other documents.
- Will assist and perform routine root cause analysis and troubleshooting on the production line in order to efficiently and cost effectively improve the production process.
- Ability to operate various types of assembly and equipment to support the production process.
- May be assigned other duties that will directly or indirectly support the Operations department.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in mechanical or electronic assembly.
- Any combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound written and oral communication skills; must be able to write and understand routine reports, follow oral and written instructions, and speak effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate to and work with diverse groups of people.
- Must have knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment and be familiar with commonly used email, Internet, word processing, databases and spreadsheets.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and materials. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Lean Six Sigma trained.
- IPC Certification.
- One plus years experience in surface mount technology soldering or hand soldering.
- Experience in Contract Manufacturing and EMS industry desired with an emphasis in supporting an offshore manufacturing facility.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, talk, hear, and see. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or reach with hands and arms. The environment is fast-paced; time pressured, and requires accuracy. The employee will regularly multi-task between projects, be required to move throughout the office building, production area, and effectively communicate. The normal environment is moderately loud and may at times be louder in some areas.
The statements on this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by all incumbents, and all job descriptions are subject to change to accommodate business necessity. In support of Keytronic’s goals some incumbents may perform other duties as assigned.
In addition, all Keytronic employees are expected to:
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort
- Help train and give guidance to other Keytronic employees
- Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area
- Provide customers with the highest quality of products and service
- Understand and apply appropriate quality improvement processes
Keytronic is an EOE/M/W/Veteran/Disabilities employer.