Day Shift: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Night Shift: Sunday - Thursday, 5:00 PM - 1:30 AM
The Production Sewer will operate a sewing machine, stitch machine, single needle machine, handheld rotary cutter and steam iron. Previous sewing experience and experience with industrial equipment is preferred. Basic computer, reading, writing, math and common sense are key skills required. Some of the physical requirements of the job is working in a fast-paced environment, standing for the majority of the shift, using wrists, hands and fingers to feed sewing machines and lifting up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- You must be able to operate the following machinery
- Overlock Serge machine
- Cover stitch machine
- Single needle machine
- Hand held rotary cutter
- High pressure steam iron
- Previous sewing experience is required and experience with industrial equipment is preferred.
- Must possess good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Upholds Junk Brand’s values of acting with integrity, working together as a team and treating others with respect
Skills & Competencies
- Basic Computer skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions (in English), short correspondence and work orders. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations with co-workers and/or supervisors.
- Basic Math: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one-or two-step instructions dealing with standardized situations; and able to learn quickly.
Education & Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree preferred, but not mandatory
- Verifiable work history
- Regularly required to stand throughout the entire shift (90% of the day) and occasionally required to reach, bend, stoop and move about the work environment
- Fine motor skills: required using the wrists, hands, and fingers to feed into sewing machines, and inspect and trim product
- Ability to lift/move 10-30 lbs. occasionally throughout day
- Moderate noise due to sewing machine operation
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.