Counter Sales Representative
Counter Sales Representative
Siloam Springs, AR
Georgia Poultry Equipment Company is seeking a Counter Sales Representative with excellent customer service, reasoning, and management skills to join our team in Siloam Springs, AR.
This position requires; ability to lift and move 50 lbs. regularly; and understanding of Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of parts & equipment used in modern poultry and hog facilities preferred.
At Hog Slat, Incorporated, our more than 80 retail store locations serve as a major driving force to our position as a world leader. As Counter Sales Representative, your primary responsibilities will include effectively communicating features and benefits of products in the Georgia Poultry store to customers and assisting customers in choosing the equipment that will best serve their needs.
Your customer base will include major integrators and local poultry operations across Benton and surrounding counties.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
· Recommend to customers the best parts & equipment available at Georgia Poultry with which their needs can be addressed
· Educate customers on new products and special promotions as well as promote Georgia Poultry and Grower Select products
· Properly operate office equipment, handle cash transactions, and efficiently utilize computer operating systems
· Assist with inventory management including unloading the stock truck with a forklift, shelving product and performing cycle counts
· Join the rest of the store team members in the tasks required to maintain a clean and orderly store
· Arrive at the store on-time and ready to work for all scheduled store hours
· Take advantage of training opportunities offered by Georgia Poultry and by our vendors
· Continually upgrade industry knowledge
· Ideal candidate will have knowledge of the poultry farming industry
· Knowledge of parts and equipment used in modern poultry operations is strongly preferred
· Previous customer service experience is strongly preferred
· Qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate a mechanical aptitude
· Must be able to lift and move 50 lbs.
· Must be willing and able to obtain forklift certification and use a forklift regularly
· Understanding of the use of E-Mail and Microsoft Office products in daily tasks
· Ability to quickly learn inventory management software
· Must poses a valid driver license
· PREFER at least 1 year working in a modern poultry farming operation
· Familiarity with the local poultry industry and the poultry producers in the area will be considered a plus
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent written & verbal communication skills
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to work independently
· Works well within a team setting
· Good attendance record
Hog Slat, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.