YRCC Program Coordinator
YRCC PROGRAM COORDINATOR 2020-01564
- Essential Job Duties
The City of Fayetteville is committed to attracting, engaging and rewarding a multi-generational workforce. By offering a total rewards package including competitive compensation and benefits plans and a purposeful work life, the City is an employer of choice focused on serving our community.
The starting rate of pay for this position will be within 15% of the grade range minimum. The rate determined will depend on experience and qualifications.
The grade range for this position is:
(Minimum 15% Minimum) Market Maximum
$15.92 $18.31 $19.18 $23.02
- Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members of his or her own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive.
- Enforce and comply with City of Fayetteville and Parks and Recreation policies and procedures.
- Ensure the YRCC is staffed and maintained appropriately during operating hours.
- Assist with the development, planning, promotion and implementation of recreation programs including, but not limited to camps, field trips, community events, after school, open recreation, etc.
- Research and write grants and/or proposals that will benefit YRCC programs and facility.
- Collect activity and registration records and prepare routine and complex program plans and requirements well in advance for budgetary recommendations. Prepare various reports, such as grant reports and program evaluations. Identify methods and areas for improvement.
- Assist in promoting the YRCC using various mediums such as newsletters, press releases and social media. Maintain effective communications with user groups and participants.
- Prepare, maintain and submit YRCC program and event budgets on a regular basis.
- Monitor the day-to-day operations of YRCC programs including collecting facility usage data, handling and resolving patron complaints and ensuring that all programs are adequately supplied. Formulate and organize program plans and schedules for seasonal and/or year-round activities.
- Responsible for program management, customer service and general facility supervision of youth and adult programs.
- Recruit, train and mentor interns and volunteers as needed.
- Conduct program and event surveys and evaluations.
- Establish short term and long term goals for the programs managed.
- Acquire sponsorships, donations, and/or services as needed for the organization and implementation of programs.
- Assist in the hiring process of seasonal employees.
- Regularly manage evening and weekend programs and events.
- Attend various recruiting and promotional events.
- Assist in the development and review of new policies and procedures for the Center.
- Assist in planning and implementing volunteer/intern/staff appreciation events.
- In the absence of the YRCC Director, act as the Director for the Center and provide supervision for other YRCC staff and volunteers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Secondary Job Duties
- Secondary duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED plus four years of related experience. Prefer Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a college or university in a related field and one year of related experience.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License.
- Must successfully pass criminal background check, including but not limited to convictions, guilty pleas, or no contest pleas to violent offenses, theft offenses, offenses against children, and any offense that would qualify to prevent a person from obtaining an Arkansas teaching certificate (A.C.A. 6-17-410).
- Must possess or be able to obtain CPR and First Aid Certification within six months of hire.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer and software programs such as word processing and spreadsheet applications. Must be able to effectively operate standard office equipment.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Will occasionally be required to walk on uneven terrain. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions.
EOE AA Veteran/Disability