Route Driver - Recycling & Trash CollectionsCITY OF FAYETTEVILLE-HR
ROUTE DRIVER (RECYCLING & TRASH COLLECTIONS) 2019-01432
- Essential Job Duties
The City of Fayetteville is committed to attracting, engaging and rewarding a multi-generational workforce. By offering a total rewards package including competitive compensation and benefits plans and a purposeful work life, the City is an employer of choice focused on serving our community.
The starting rate of pay for this position will be within 15% of the grade range minimum. The rate determined will depend on experience and qualifications.
The grade range for this position is:
(Minimum 15% Minimum) Market Maximum
$15.02 $17.27 $18.10 $21.72
- Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members of his or her own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive.
- Perform pre and post trip inspections on a daily basis.
- Operate all department trucks to assist in the day to day collection of trash and recycling on assigned routes and placing into appropriate department vehicles, as well as offloading in designated areas.
- Collect and separate recyclable items.
- Maintain a clean vehicle and perform minor repairs /diagnose problems in the field with equipment.
- Works a 10 hour day on average.
- Perform radio communication as needed.
- Ensure trucks are fueled daily and recorded properly.
- Responsible for assuring that trash and recycling is collected in a safe manner and that safe procedures are followed in the operation of all department vehicles.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Secondary Job Duties
- Secondary duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED; or one year of related experience and/or training.
- Must possess a valid driver's license. Must obtain a Class B CDL permit within 3 weeks of hire. Within four weeks of hire date must have scheduled an appointment to take the CDL driving test. Must possess a valid Class B Commercial Driver's License within six weeks of hire date.
- Must have or have the ability to quickly learn basic computer skills such as those needed for on-line time clocks as well as GPS and other related technology.
- Effectively communicate with others orally and in writing.
- Must be skilled in the use of heavy equipment and trucks.
- Must be able to utilize two-way radio and cell phone.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; precarious places; and regularly works outside in various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
EOE AA Veteran/Disability