PROJECT COORDINATOR FACILITIES MANAGEMENT 2020-01616
- Essential Job Duties
The City of Fayetteville is committed to attracting, engaging and rewarding a multi-generational workforce. By offering a total rewards package including competitive compensation and benefits plans and a purposeful work life, the City is an employer of choice focused on serving our community.
The starting rate of pay for this position will be within 15% of the grade range minimum. The rate determined will depend on experience and qualifications.
The grade range for this position is:
(Minimum 15% Minimum) Market Maximum
$17.73 $20.39 $21.36 $25.63
- Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members of their own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive.
- Responsible for conducting and overseeing projects as assigned by the division director.
- Obtains quotes and monitors sub-contractors' performance to ensure requirements of contracts are completed as approved by the division director. Answers construction related questions under guidelines established by the division director.
- Estimate quantities and secure pricing for materials and supplies needed for projects.
- Conduct on-site inspections to ensure quality of work, adherence to projects schedule, compliance with safety regulations and assess maintenance requirements.
- Ensure that adequate records are maintained regarding costs for assigned projects.
- Perform general labor, grounds keeping activities and building maintenance functions.
- Respond to service calls for electrical, plumbing and HVAC repair.
- Provide carpentry, drywall and painting services as needed in the completion of remodels and other assignments.
- Perform safety inspections of buildings and grounds.
- Respond to emergency needs – severe weather, fire and equipment malfunctions.
- Provide assistance to the division director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Secondary Job Duties
- Secondary duties as assigned.
- Secondary duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED and five years of construction or related experience which may include experience in one or more skilled trades is required.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Must successfully pass criminal background and finger print check, including but not limited to convictions, guilty pleas, or no contest pleas to violent offenses, theft offenses and any offense under A.C.A. 21-15-103. Must not have any felony convictions.
- Effectively communicate with others orally and in writing.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and internal customers. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Ability to meet stringent schedules and timelines and work independently with little direction.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply policies, procedures, codes, rules and regulations.
- Must be able to use a computer and related software. Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications is preferred.
- Proficient in HVAC, electrical, plumbing and carpentry trades.
- Proficient in the use of all related maintenance and construction tools as well as lawn care tools. Must be able to operate light trucks, lifts and bucket trucks.
- Must be able to use mathematics including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division as well as the practical application of fractions and percentages.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and risk of vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
EOE AA Veteran/Disability