MAINTENANCE WORKER III (TRAILS) TRANSPORTATION 2020-01639
- Essential Job Duties
The City of Fayetteville is committed to attracting, engaging and rewarding a multi-generational workforce. By offering a total rewards package including competitive compensation and benefits plans and a purposeful work life, the City is an employer of choice focused on serving our community.
The starting rate of pay for this position will be within 15% of the grade range minimum. The rate determined will depend on experience and qualifications.
The grade range for this position is:
(Minimum 15% Minimum) Market Maximum
$14.48 $16.65 $17.45 $21.64
- Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members of his or her own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive.
- Operate dump truck.
- Assist with hand labor for asphalt, concrete or other material as needed.
- Proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Operate concrete saws to make necessary cuts in order to continue work flow.
- Operate loaders, tree trimmers and other construction equipment as needed.
- Assist with snow and ice removal during winter months.
- Assist with laying pipe as needed.
- Operate other tools as needed: chainsaw, chipper, compacter and street saws.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Secondary Job Duties
- Traffic control – directing and flagging of vehicles.
- Mow, weed eat, trim, prune, etc.
- Prune and remove hazardous trees as needed.
- Begin training on the use of other specialized equipment such as, milling machine, rollers, dozer and paving machine.
- Set grade, form and finish concrete for sidewalks, curb and gutter, streets and trails.
- Perform secondary duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to obtain valid Arkansas Driver's License– Class B CDL within 120 days of hire date.
- Effectively communicate with others orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in the use of dump trucks, bobcat, front-end loader, milling machine, roller, paving machine, flatbed trailer, truck, backhoe, hand tools, chainsaw and street saw, preferred.
- Ability to read and understand safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear for safety reasons or to operate certain equipment. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and risk of vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
EOE AA Veteran/Disability