Maintenance Worker III
MAINTENANCE WORKER III (WATER SEWER) 2020-01530
- Essential Job Duties
The City of Fayetteville is committed to attracting, engaging and rewarding a multi-generational workforce. By offering a total rewards package including competitive compensation and benefits plans and a purposeful work life, the City is an employer of choice focused on serving our community.
The starting rate of pay for this position will be within 15% of the grade range minimum. The rate determined will depend on experience and qualifications.
The grade range for this position is:
(Minimum 15% Minimum) Market Maximum
$13.66 $15.71 $16.46 $19.75
- Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members of his or her own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive.
- The incumbent is responsible for gathering supplies and equipment for job assignments. Fix water and sewer leaks in order to keep the City's water lines intact and in good working order. Ensure maintenance of truck as well as the equipment on truck.
- Install mains for both water and sewer.
- Install water and sewer taps as needed.
- Repair water and sewer leaks.
- Serves 24/7 including holidays on call duty and monthly call back rotation duty.
- Maintain truck and equipment for service, cleanliness, order and hydration.
- Maintain all related tools.
- Check oil in truck and fuel level in all equipment.
- Drive backhoe and dump truck as required.
- Perform manual labor in the use of a shovel as required.
- Execute all actions to protect the public health and safety in accordance with all applicable water and sewer regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Secondary Job Duties
- Secondary duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED and six months of related experience.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to obtain a Class A Commercial Driver's License with tanker endorsement within six months of employment.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed for emergencies or while on call duty.
- Effectively communicate with others orally and in writing.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information customers, and the general public.
- Proficiency in the use of heavy equipment, light equipment, hand tools, trench boxes, boring tools, plate packer, jackhammers, gas detector, air compressor, saws, safety equipment, tap machines is preferred.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear in person and on the phone. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet/and or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; and risk of vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.