Inspector/commercial & Residential 2019-01396CITY OF FAYETTEVILLE-HR
INSPECTOR/COMMERCIAL & RESIDENTIAL 2019 - 01396
- Essential Job Duties
The City of Fayetteville is committed to attracting, engaging and rewarding a multi-generational workforce. By offering a total rewards package including competitive compensation and benefits plans and a purposeful work life, the City is an employer of choice focused on serving our community.
The starting rate of pay for this position will be within 15% of the grade range minimum. The rate determined will depend on experience and qualifications.
The grade range for this position is:
(Minimum 15% Minimum) Market Maximum
$18.63 $21.42 $22.45 $26.93
- Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members of his or her own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive.
- Review permit applications, drawings, and specifications for code and ordinance violations.
- Inspect residential and commercial buildings during construction of new buildings, alteration, additions, and repairs for building, energy, accessibility, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing/gas code violations.
- Interpret and inspect stormwater best management practices (BMPs) for residential and commercial projects for compliance with the City of Fayetteville's Municipal Separate Storm Sewer (MS4) permit. Explain minimum erosion and sediment control requirements to architects, engineers, permit applicants, builders, contractors, owners, and others as necessary.
- Inspect to assure safe and healthy conditions and ascertain that all code violations have been remedied before issuing final Certificate of Occupancy.
- Interpret and explain minimum code requirements, division policies and procedures, and inspection requirements to architects, engineers, permit applicants, builders, contractors, owners, and others as necessary.
- Cooperate with all City divisions and departments and state and federal agencies to achieve reasonable solutions to common concerns.
- Organize plan reviews, inspections, and administrative duties to accomplish the objectives and goals of the division and city. Complete documentation, recording, and filing of all related communications.
- Understand and enforce city ordinances and state laws pertaining to responsibilities and duties. Represent the division in court as required.
- Actively participate in the continuing education requirements of the Division including all requirements to maintain State and National certifications.
- Assist residential and commercial inspectors in the performance of their respective duties including plan review and job site inspections.
- Assist front desk staff with their respective duties as required
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Secondary Job Duties
- Secondary duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED and three years of related experience.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Ability to obtain ICC certification as a Combination Inspector within three years of employment. Ability to obtain Arkansas State Plumbing, Electrical and Mechanical Inspector licenses within six months of employment.
- Effectively communicate with others orally and in writing.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer and other related software programs. Must be able to effectively operate standard office equipment and operate specialized testing equipment associated with this job.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the functions of this job the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and risk of vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
EOE AA VET/DISABILITY