HR GeneralistCITY OF FAYETTEVILLE-HR
- Essential Job Duties
As an employer of choice, the City provides a base compensation and total rewards structure that is highly competitive.
The starting rate of pay for this position will depend on experience and qualifications.
The grade range for this position is:
(Minimum 15% Minimum) Market Maximum
$23.05 $26.51 $27.77 $33.32
- Perform supervisory responsibilities which may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the City's policies and applicable laws.
- Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members of their own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive
- Participate in the development and implementation of HR goals, objectives, policies and priorities.
- Administer various human resource plans and programs such as, flu and Hep B shots and health screenings.
- Coordinate HR programs and activities including: performance management, compensation, employee development, employee relations and benefits.
- Provide expertise and support for assigned HR functions.
- Provide internal consultation to department supervisors and act as the first line HR contact for department supervisors and employees.
- Assist in drafting new or revised policies and procedures and an employee handbook.
- Assist with the Civil Service testing process for entry level and promotional hiring.
- Oversee FMLA and CAT Leave administration for the City.
- Enter new employees and employee status changes into the payroll system. Function as the primary liaison between the HR Department and Payroll/Accounting for payroll changes.
- Assist in drafting and/or reviewing RFPs.
- Assist with troubleshooting workers' compensation problems encountered by employees, including but not limited to being a point of contact for problem resolution between medical providers, Municipal League case workers and injured employees.
- Coordinate the assignment of workers' compensation light duty.
- Analyze workers' compensation trends and provide updates as requested.
- Monitor new employee eligibility for retirement benefits and conduct enrollment meetings for newly eligible employees. Meet with employees seeking hardship withdrawals from City's 457 or 401(a) retirement plan, for purposes of providing them information concerning the applicable IRS rules and required documentation. Serve on the City's Retirement Plan Committee.
- Assist with maintaining updated EEOP, EEO-4, VETS-100, and other legally required EEO and/or Veteran related reporting. Assist other departments who are applying for grants which require EEO data related information.
- Assist with responses to Freedom of Information Act requests or inquiries.
- Oversee and maintain HR's webpages on the City's internal and external website.
- Provide HRIS support to the HR Division.
- Assist with monitoring the HR Division's expenditures to ensure the division remains within approved budget allocations.
- Conduct exit interviews as requested by employees.
- Serve as the Staff Senate liaison.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Secondary Job Duties
- Act as back up to Benefits & Leave Administrator
- Act as back up for other HR staff duties as needed.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Human Resources or related area from a four year college or university and five years of related experience practicing human resources.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- PHR or SHRM-CP desirable.
- Web content maintenance experience desirable.
- Must successfully pass criminal background check, including but not limited to convictions, guilty pleas, or no contest pleas to violent offenses, theft offenses and any offense under A.C.A. 21-15-103.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with little supervision.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to details.
- Ability to read and interpret federal and state laws affecting human resources administration practices.
- Effectively communicate with others orally and in writing often under complex conditions that require good judgment.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer and related software programs such as word processing and spreadsheet applications. Must be able to become proficient in the use of payroll inquiry and reporting software and other work-related software applications.
- Ability to use addition, subtraction, multiplication and/or division. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Must be able to move from location to location. Ability to manipulate computer keyboard and papers; and stoop or bend (such as to work with and around filing cabinets). Occasional light lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds, may be required.
EOE AA VET/DISABILITY