Business License Clerk
BUSINESS LICENSE CLERK 2020-01598
- Essential Job Duties
The City of Fayetteville is committed to attracting, engaging and rewarding a multi-generational workforce. By offering a total rewards package including competitive compensation and benefits plans and a purposeful work life, the City is an employer of choice focused on serving our community.
The starting rate of pay for this position will be within 15% of the grade range minimum. The rate determined will depend on experience and qualifications.
The grade range for this position is:
(Minimum 15% Minimum) Market Maximum
$13.66 $15.71 $16.46 $19.75
- Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members of his or her own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive.
- Greet and interact with citizens and city employees, assist with needs and questions either in person or over the phone. Resolve a wide variety of situations that arise, either by researching and/or answering questions personally or forwarding to appropriate person.
- Review and accept business license applications; review applications for completeness and accuracy; calculate and collect applicable fees; prepare and issue receipts; forward applications to appropriate staff for review.
- Precisely enter business license information into the tracking database.
- Provide information on fees and regulations to applicants; process check, cash and credit card payments and issue receipts for payment transactions.
- Print and mail licenses once processing is completed.
- Maintain comprehensive files, reports and control logs which meet established standard policy requirements and procedures.
- Assist with proactive licensing and enforcement efforts.
- Review and accept various permit applications; review for completeness and accuracy; enter application information into permitting software; calculate and collect applicable fees; prepare and issue receipts; forward applications to appropriate staff for review and/or approval.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Secondary Job Duties
- Assist with sign permits, code violations, building permits, and other permits as needed.
- Secondary duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED and six months of customer service experience.
- Must successfully pass criminal background check, including but not limited to convictions, guilty pleas, or no contest pleas to violent offenses, theft offenses and any offense under A.C.A. 21-15-103 and A.C.A. 21-15-111.
- Effectively communicate with others orally and in writing.
- Have the ability to read and develop a working knowledge of applicable ordinances and zoning regulations.
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer and related software programs such as word processing and spreadsheet applications. Must be able to become proficient in the use of other software programs such as municipal permitting software. Must be able to effectively operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to calculate percentages, rates and ratios.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate effectively. The employee regularly is required to move within the department, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required to accomplish computer and office work.
- Must possess the ability to work effectively in a front desk environment that includes regularly receiving walk-in traffic and phone calls. The noise level in the working environment is frequently elevated due to group discussions taking place in the general area. While performing the functions of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
EOE AA Veteran/Disability