Assistant Pool Manager
CITY OF FAYETTEVILLE-HR Fayetteville, AR Full-time Other
Posted on February 21, 2021
ASSISTANT POOL MANAGER (TEMPORARY) (PARKS) 2021-01667
PARKS & RECREATION (520)
- Essential Job Duties
- Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members of his or her own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive.
- Perform supervisory responsibilities which may include interviewing, hiring, and training seasonal swimming pool staff; planning, assigning, and directing work; reviewing and approving payroll time sheets, appraising performance, rewarding employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the City's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for understanding and performing all managerial duties as needed.
- Plan, promote, and conduct American Red Cross certified instructional swim lessons. Organize and schedule classes in a manner which enhances the learning experience of all participants.
- Recognize, implement and enforce all policies and procedures pertaining to the Wilson Park Swimming Pool as established by Fayetteville Parks and Recreation, Washington County Health Department, and the American Red Cross. Work with Pool Manager and Recreation Program Manager to upgrade the swimming pool policies and programs.
- Assist the Pool Manager in implementing Risk Management at Wilson Pool including routine practice of safety standards expectations and the facility's Emergency Action Plan.
- Responsible for water safety ranging from the safety of swimmers in the water to the safety and cleanliness of the water. Perform chemical checks and water maintenance.
- Conduct In-Service Training for pool staff.
- Responsible, in conjunction with other managers, for daily financial reporting and management of Wilson Park Swimming Pool.
- Assign and supervise pool staff in opening and closing duties and procedures for Wilson Park Swimming Pool.
- Follow and adjust Wilson Park Swimming Pool Emergency Action Plan. This includes near drowning or drowning emergencies, inclement weather emergencies and any other issue that may arise.
- Complete all reports needed for operation of swimming pool. This includes water test records, payroll, cashier, attendance records and swim lesson reports.
- Develop daily lifeguard rotation schedule and make adjustments in lifeguard rotations as necessary.
- Maintain positive environment for pool staff.
- Evaluate performance of Swimming Instructors and provide in-service training as needed to ensure the best swimming lessons possible and to upgrade teaching techniques of the Swimming Instructors.
- Maintain professional behavior consistent with the expectations of the Parks & Recreation Department and the City.
- Secondary Job Duties
- Secondary duties as assigned by the Pool Manager, Recreation Programs Manager, or Recreation Superintendent.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must have current lifeguard certification from Red Cross or other accredited agency.
- Must possess valid Driver's License.
- Lifeguard Instructor certification preferred.
- Must successfully pass criminal background check, including but not limited to convictions, guilty pleas, or no contest pleas to violent offenses, theft offenses, offenses against children, any offense under A.C.A. § 21-15-111 and any offense that would qualify to prevent a person from obtaining an Arkansas teaching certificate (A.C.A. 6-17-410).
- Must possess CPR for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid Certifications.
- Effectively communicate with others orally and in writing.
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer and related software programs and be able to effectively operate standard office equipment.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, climb, crouch, or crawl. Must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
EOE AA Veteran/Disability