Ensure compliance is the areas of Food safety, regulatory and company policies. Ensure all employees are following Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP’s) Revise HACCP/SSOP/ SPS plans when needed.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
Ensure compliance with all company and plant quality policies, including but not limited to USDA and state regulations, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) program, Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP’s), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
Compile reports on nonconforming product and nonconforming plant issues.
Maintain HACCP, SSOP, lab, and plant quality records.
- Review HACCP, SSOP, SPS, records and supporting documentation for designated are of concern
- Review and make necessary changes to HACCP, SSOP, and SPS plans to make sure they are readily available to USDA inspectors
- Uphold HACCP Corrective Actions. Prepare Corrective Actions logs
- Perform observation of the process and report findings.
- Investigates and identifies possible Critical Control Points along with QA Manager
- Audit production areas for Regulatory compliance dealing with food safety
- Prepare non-compliance logs
- Conduct periodic audits of the recordkeeping files to ensure compliance with company and regulatory policies.
- Attend and participate in safety meetings.
- Prepare information for and assist with all facility audits (3rd party, customer). Experience in BRC audits preferred.
- Understand HACCP Plan
- Understanding USDA and USDA regulations
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of poultry manufacturing processes and related equipment
- Solid knowledge of federal and state regulations relevant to the poultry processing industry
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the organization
- Solid computer knowledge to include ability to create and modify files in a word processing and spreadsheet program
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelor degree in animal science, biology, or chemistry preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in a quality assurance role in lieu of required education
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of what is required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not imply or establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Butterball, LLC is and equal opportunity employer and is committed to the fair and impartial treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or other protected status under applicable law.
Don't have a computer at home?
Apply onsite using our computers
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
1294 N. College St. | Huntsville, AR 72740 | (479) 738-2151
Butterball, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Em-
ployer and does not discriminate against applicants for em-
ployment based on their race, sex, color, religion, national ori-
gin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, disability, or veteran status.