Journeyman Plumber (Commercial Industry)
Action, Inc. is one of the largest mechanical contractors in Arkansas and the surrounding regions. We are based in Barling, Arkansas with Branch offices in Rogers, Jonesboro & Maumelle, Arkansas and Tulsa, Oklahoma has been in the Mechanical Contracting business since 1981.
Our company enjoys continued growth and an excellent reputation for providing all of our customers with quality work performed at a competitive price. On-time completions have forged a reputation of honesty and trust. No project is too large, too small or too complicated.
At Action, Inc. we realize that our most valuable asset is our people.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to hire train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability or age in accordance with applicable law. It is the policy of Action, Inc. to promote a workplace free of harassment as defined by applicable laws.
As a team member of Action, Inc. you will be responsible for satisfying our customers by providing a quality product in a safe work environment. Action, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace.
Action, Inc. offers the following benefit programs:
- -Health Insurance
- -Dental Insurance
- -Vision Insurance
- -Life Insurance
- -401(k) Plan (50% match!)
- -Paid Time Off
Base Salary- $24 hourly
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Assembles, installs, maintains, repairs and/ or replaces fixtures, valves, fittings, and pipes of all makes and types, according to all applicable codes in existing buildings, remodeling and new construction.
Work Environment (Safety-Sensitive Position)
Must work in tunnels, trenches, attics, and high places. May be subject to high voltage, heat, noise, dirt, chemicals, confined spaces, raw sewage and cold. Some emergencies may require additional irregular hours. Interruptions may occur while performing work requiring accuracy and concentration.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
- Measure, cut thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines and pipe-bending machines.
- Install pipe assemblies, fitting, valves, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand and power tools.
- Installs, repairs, and troubleshoots plumbing and hydronic systems for area of assignment under supervision of foreman, project engineer and superintendent.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES
- 3 years experience in Commercial/Industrial Plumbing.
- Must possess and maintain current master or journeyman plumbing license.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction of buildings and keep abreast of changing developments in techniques in relevant fields..
- Must have knowledge of complete plumbing and hydronic systems.
- Knowledge of chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical process and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques and disposal methods.
- Capable of bending, stretching, twisting, or reaching with the body, arms, and/or legs.
- Capable of making precisely coordinated movements of the fingers or one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- Capable of exerting maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- Knowledge of hand tools, small and large power tools, testing instruments, ladders, scaffolds, man lifts, cutting tools ect. Must have a good working knowledge of relevant building and safety codes including pertinent aspects of OSHA, EPA, SDS and ADA. Must have basic mathematical skills. Must be skilled in oral and written communications and interpersonal relations.
Overtime will be requested as needed. Travel may be required as needed. May require additional irregular hours.
The statements contained in the job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, as relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.